Hello everyone. Just wanted to come on a give you a peek into what I’m listening to these days. I definitely recommend you give these songs a listen and hopefully you guys will also come to love these songs as well. Hopefully writing more posts in the near future. Enjoy!!
- All of My Life – Park Won
- Best of Me – BTS
- Blood, Sweat & Tears – BTS
- BTS Cypher 4 – BTS
- Butterfly (Alternative & Prologue Mix) – BTS
- Crystal Snow – BTS
- Decalcomanie – MAMAMOO
- Dimple – BTS
- Forever I Run – Elevation Worship
- House of Cards – BTS
- I Need U – BTS
- MIC Drop – BTS
- Not Today – BTS
- Pied Piper – BTS
- Re: Re: – Asian Kung-FU Generation
- REALLY REALLY – WINNER
- Fools – Jungkook & RM
- 4 O’clock – V & RM
- Run (Alternative Mix) – BTS
- Silver Spoon – BTS
- Spine Breaker – BTS
- Spring Day – BTS
- Starry Night – MAMAMOO
- WILD – Troye Sivan
- You’ll Come – Hillsong Live
- Woo Hoo – MAMAMOO
– Did you notice my playlist consist of mostly BTS and Mamamoo? lol.
Some songs I’m listening and jammin’ to. Give them a listen 🙂
- Heartbreak Hotel by Tiffany Ft. Simon D
(Pics from my Apple Music)
“Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.” – Proverbs 3:5
God has always giving me strength when I’m weak, hope when I’m lost, and love when I’m broken. Life before Christ was, pretty much, hell but the moment I met Christ, my whole life changed. God has given me so many blessings that I can’t even think of counting them all and I am incredibly thankful that He is in my life.
Listening to Christian music played a huge part in my faith. I will say, honestly, I don’t read that Bible. I read a few chapters here and there and I listen to my pastor preach but I don’t take the time to just sit down and read the Bible. Instead, I listen to Christian music. I sing and worship to Christian music and it brings me so much joy. So here is a list of some of my favorite songs. Enjoy!
- Cornerstone by Hillsong: “My hope is built, on nothing less, than Jesus’ blood and righteousness.”
- Everlasting God by New Life Worship: “You never change, you will remain, you are the everlasting God.”
- Faithful God by Laura Story: “Faithful God, every promise kept, every need you met, Faithful God.”
- From the Inside Out by Hillsong United: “In my heart and my soul, Lord I give you control, consume from the inside out.”
- Guardian by Worship Central: “When I hear you say, ‘trust and obey’, I will walk by faith, and not by sight. God of my life.”
- Help Me Find It by Sidewalk Prophets: “If there’s a road I should walk, help me find it. And if I need to be still, give me peace for the moment.”
- His Kind of Love by Group 1 Crew: “His kind of love, is reckless for us.”
- I Desire Jesus by Hillsong: “I desire Jesus, oh his name, my soul esteem”
- Keep Making Me by Sidewalk Prophets: “Make me lonely, so I can be yours. Till I want no one, more than you Lord.”
- Let It Be Jesus by Passion (ft. Christy Nockels): “For me, to live is Christ. God I breathe your name, above anything.”
- The Light in Me by Brandon Heath: “You are the maker, you tell the sun when to rise, I’m just a house on a hill. But you make me brighter, than all the stars in the sky, keep me from growing dim.”
- My Hope Is In You by Aaron Shust: “I wait for you and my soul finds rest. In my selfishness, You showed me grace.”
- Reign in Us by Starfield: “Lord Jesus, come lead us. We’re desperate for your touch”
- Remind Me Who I Am by Jason Gray: “If I’m your beloved, can you help me believe it.”
- Touch the Sky by Hillsong United: “What treasure waits within your scars, this gift of freedom gold can’t buy.”
- Wake by Hillsong Young & Free: “The streets will glow, forever bright. Your glory’s breaking through the night.”
I listen to a lot of K-pop and Korean songs in general and there are some really good one’s out there. So here is a list of some of my favorite Korean songs and why I like them (in no particular order):
- Baby Steps by TTS: Who doesn’t know Girl’s Generation? Well, they formed a small little sub-unit called TTS, which consist of Taeyeon, Tiffany, and Seohyun. I believe this is a remake, another version, I don’t know, of another song with the same melody (and title?) but I love this song. I’m not sure what they’re saying but it sounds like a very sad song and the piano is beautiful. All three of their voices are perfect for this song and so full of emotion.
- Dream by Urban Zakapa: This song somehow makes me feel really happy and airy. Their breathy voice at the beginning combine with the beautiful piano just creates the nice build-up to the chorus. It makes me close my eyes and think of nature and the good times in life. Plus, they have beautiful voices.
- Evening Sky by Ailee: I love Ailee and her powerful voice but I also love her more soft and slower songs, like Evening Sky. Her voice is melodious and perfectly suits this song. I love this and had a time where I would listen to this over and over again. It’s a nice song to listen if you want to hear Ailee’s beautiful voice.
- Falling by Hyolyn: Hyolyn has been called the Korean Beyoncé and I don’t disagree. This is one of her less famous song but awesome nonetheless. It starts nice and slow with a catchy mellow melody until you hear the chorus and you’re reminded of something jazzy yet her voice still contains that soft and mellow feel.
- I by Taeyeon: Taeyeon is one of the best singers in the K-pop world and one of my favorite singers. Add in Verbal Jint into the mix, and you have a beautiful song about Taeyeon. You can tell how hard she worked on this song by her singing. Her voice is beautiful and unique. I love how this song makes me feel sad yet happy and how she has total control of her voice. Overall, it’s a beautiful song that makes you close you eyes and force back the tears that are threatening to fall.
- In Heaven by JYJ: I love JYJ and their singing. They have probably the best singing voices in the world. They can sing high, low, soft, strong, perfect harmony, everything. This song, if you haven’t seen the MV, is very sad. From what I heard and read, Jaejoong wrote this song for a friend who past away (I could be wrong). I love how their voice blends perfectly together and how I could hear the deep emotions of all three singers.
- The Chaser by Infinite: I used to be a huge fan of Infinite and this was my favorite song from them. I still love it now. It’s just a nice catchy song that gets my heart racing. The have some good singers, which is always a plus. It’s they type of song where you can move your shoulders to the beat and listen.
- Lion Heart by Girls’ Generation: This is my guilty pleasure song. It’s a fun and flirty song that is perfect for when you just want to smile. It’s catchy and just a really fun song. You can’t help but bob you head to the beat and shake your hips a little and sing along.
- Party by Girls’ Generation: Another fun and catchy song by Girls’ Generation. The perfect summer song since it’s a song about summer. I enjoy listening to this song because it’s fun to dance and sing to.
- Thank you for Breathing by Tablo: I love me some Tablo and this is one of his songs where you can hear some of his nice rapping. It’s catchy and have a really nice beat and sound to it. An enjoyable song to listen to.
- Wait for me by Younha: Younha has a beautiful and unique voice and probably one of my favorite Korean singers. She can sing ballads, pop songs, hit high and low notes and an all-round singer. I’m not sure what she’s singing but it sounds sad and emotional. Her voice his super beautiful when she’s singing slower songs like this one and this song shows off some of her superb singing skills.
- You by G. Soul: I’m not too familiar with this singer but I watch a MV on YouTube of a Kill Me, Heal Me photoshoot and this song was playing. It just takes me back to the drama and I can’t help but tear up a little. If you’ve watched this drama before, you might know what I’m talking about. It sounds sad yet uplifting. It sounds very pleasing to the ears.
- Friday by IU: This is probably not her most famous songs but it’s still a great song. I love IU’s voice and how unique and different it is from other K-pop singers. She has a soft yet strong voice. I love this song because you can hear the different dynamics her voice can produce. It’s catchy and fun and pleasing to hear.
- Because of you by Afterschool: My favorite song from Afterschool. The piano is beautiful and how this song was organized was perfect. Kahi’s rap was superb and the chorus was sad. I love how the instruments and special effects (?) help the singing add a more sad feeling to this song.
- Poison by Primary: I had a Korean rap and R&B phase and this song was probably my favorite. The piano was perfect and the rap was incredible. I wish I could rap too. The song sounds uplifting and catchy even though it started off slow in the beginning. A great song.
- Sea Child by Younha: Another Younha song. I love this song because it just sounds beautiful. I can’t really describe it (and I’m not the best describer if you can tell) but it’s pleasing to listen to. Younha’s voice with the music creates the perfect song.
- Chau Chau by Deli Spice: I first heard of this song from Running Man and the first time it played, I went desperately searching for this song. It’s a simple yet catching song. It makes my heart beat and yearn for something. Whenever it plays on Running Man, it was always a happy scene. I love this song.
I’m sure you can listen to most of these songs on YouTube so give it a listen, you won’t regret it!
Anime openings and endings are quite popular among people in the anime community. Besides the plot, character, art style, and the overall concept, anime openings and endings start and finish the perfect anime. I’ve found a lot of very good anime openings and endings on YouTube and watching anime and I’m going to share some of mine with you. In no particular order, here is my favorite songs in anime.
- To start off this list, my all-time, never-get-tired anime song is Re:Re: (Single Version) by: Asian Kung-Fu Generation. I instantly fell in love with this opening song the first time I heard it on Boku Dake ga Inai Machi. That long instrumental of guitar, bass, drums, and whatever instrument that are playing, at the beginning creates this awesome build-up to the main part in the song. I don’t know a lot about Asian Kung-Fu Generation or their singers, but I know they’re quite famous when it comes to anime openings and endings. I love the main lead singer’s voice that matches so well with this song. I will never get tired of this song and whenever I listen to this song, a creepy, happy smile appears on my face. Scary? No? Anyways, this is probably my favorite anime song by far.
- The next song on this list is from Gintama, Sakura Mitsutsuki by Spyair. Gintama has a lot of episodes and a lot of openings and I’m sure this is one of the most popular one from this anime. I love the electric guitar intro at the beginning and then we hear the singers soft but strong voice. It brings shivers to my spine. This is my favorite Spyair song and I never get tired of this song. The chorus is catchy and you can hear the strong emotions from his voice. I honestly don’t know what he’s saying but I love it nonetheless. The good thing about Spyair that I absolutely love is their guitar, instrumental solo. It’s amazing and shows how talented this J-Rock band is. Overall, I love Spyair!
- Hey, hey Samurai Heart! (x2). Another song from Gintama? Of course, it is! This is my favorite ending from Gintama and it is Samurai Heart (Some Like it Hot!) by Spyair. The chanting of Hey, hey Samurai Heart! in beginning always have me chanting along. I think Spyair can do no wrong when singing anime songs because this is an awesome song with strong vocal, incredible instrumental skills, and overall build-up that perfectly matches Gintama’s concept. Just watching that ending playing this song was freakin’ epic.
- By the end of 2015, this was one of the best opening songs in anime and it is Brave Shine by Aimer. This song is the opening to Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works second season, and was it everything. When I heard this opening, I was absolutely obsessed with it and had to download it right away. I searched everywhere for this song because I wanted to hear it every day and night. I love Aimer’s voice and she perfectly sang this song to perfection. My favorite is the chorus, that damn, awesome chorus. You can hear how the verses build-up to the chorus and it gets my heart racing.
- I enjoyed watching Kyoukai no Kanata and it became one of my favorite anime and I love the ending song even more. It is Daisy by Stereo Dive Foundation. I love that special effect at the beginning and that was what drew me in. The ending was super sad and together with this song, I was crying like a baby. This is a nice, mellow, simple song with so much feeling and emotions. I never had the will to next this song whenever it plays and then I remember scenes from the anime…my eyes are tearing up… Anyways, is it possible to love a song so much? I don’t know but this is one of the best.
- If you knew me personally and know what kind of anime’s I watch, sports wouldn’t be your first choice. I believe two months ago, I was in an anime slump and I wanted to watch something new and different from other anime’s I usually watched. So I saw Haikyuu!! and decided to watch it. I am so happy that I gave it a chance and this awesome anime became one of my favorites. When I saw that second opening and this song, Fly High!! by Burnout Syndromes, began playing, it was perfect. If you watched the anime before, you can relate and know what I’m talking about. Kurasano started off at the top but fell to the bottom. As Shoyo and Kageyama and the other first years joined the volleyball team, they strived to fly again. This song was perfect. Sorry, spoiler alert.
- I only watched the first episode of Guilty Crown but I don’t have to watch the whole series to say that I like this song. My Dearest by Supercell is, I think, a quite popluar song in the anime community. I didn’t realise how long it was when I heard the whole thing. This song has a blend of everything, nice slow singing that leads to a strong chorus. It’s an iconic song.
- I was looking through Asian Kung-Fu Generation’s songs on ITunes and stumbled along this song, Rewrite by Asian Kung-Fu Generation. I had heard of this song before but didn’t know where it came from until I did a little bit more research. I haven’t watched the original Fullmetal Alchemist, but I started watching Brotherhood. It was thanks to this rock band that introduced me to J-Rock. I like how it starts off with a “lazy” feeling and then bam! You hear the singer’s strong voice when he sings the chorus. Only he could pull that off.
- Bakemonogatari is a popular anime and this ending is pretty awesome. The song is Kimi no Shiranai Monogatari by supercell. I felt like I knew this song before I watched the anime and I instantly loved this song. I’m not sure why I like this song but it’s catchy tune and simple melody got me humming along.
Honorable mentions: Chains by Back-on, Masayume Chasing by BoA, Bravely You by Lia, Alones by Aqua Timez, Ebb and Flow by Ray, Harukaze by Scandal, Imagination by Spyair, Chu Bara by Kelun, Kyouran Hey Kids!! by The Oral Cigarettes, rainy tone by (K)NoW_NAME, Renegade by SDF, Tetsukazu no Kanjou from Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Velonica by Aqua Timez, Yoru no Kuni by Annabel, and the Dango song from Clannad.
(Pictures are from a screenshot from my apple music playlist on my phone)